Audio Processing for AM Transmission:
DIGITAL, COST-EFFECTIVE and TAMPER PROOF!
A complete air-chain broadcast audio processor for AM radio stations. Powerful yet subtle AGC plus enhancement features for brightening and clarifying your program. Meets international broadcasting specifications.
• Loud, clean audio for AM broadcasting
• Handles speech just as well as music (not all digital audio processors manage this!)
• Improves audibility and clarity of programme
• Meets all national and international spectral occupancy and other specifications
• Automatically adjusts levels if output from studio is too low
• Audio processing for all AM broadcast applications:
• MW (AM)
• Complete digital air-chain processing for AM radio broadcasters in a compact package
• Adjustable input High-pass filter 3Hz to 200Hz
• Phase rotator to reduce programme asymmetry
• Advanced AGC as used in our ‘ALPS’ levellers offers unsurpassed rapid control of levels
• Independent programme compression stage
• Presence enhancer to brighten programme and cut through noise
• Choice of pre-emphasis to meet national requirements including NRSC
• Adjustable low-pass filter for all applications Fco 4.5kHz to 10kHz
• Sophisticated peak control dramatically increases loudness without digital grunge
• Positive peak asymmetry up to 145% (where legal)
• Factory presets deliver exactly the results you need for any application …fast
• No-tamper front panel (set-up by PC only: GUI software, USB and RS-232 ports provided)
• Bright, Always-Visible LED bargraphs for audio confidence checks
• Low audio latency (4 milliseconds), fast boot-up (<1 second).
DIGITAL-DIGITAL: 20Hz-9.75kHz +/-0.1dB
ANALOGUE-ANALOGUE: 30Hz-9.75kHz +/-0.5dB
DIGITAL-DIGITAL (rms 20Hz-20kHz): <-110dBFS
ANALOGUE-ANALOGUE: (rms 20Hz-20kHz): <-75dB ref: Limit point +8dBu
DIGITAL-DIGITAL (6dB limiting): <-90dB / 0.003% THD
ANALOGUE-ANALOGUE (6dB limiting): <-70dB / 0.03% THD
ANALOGUE: Active balanced, 10k (bridging), standard operating level -6dBu to +14dBu (clip +22dBu)
DIGITAL: AES-3 (XLR); 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz sample rate. 16, 20, or 24 bits.
ANALOGUE: Active true balanced, standard operating level -6dBu to +21dBu
DIGITAL: AES-3 (XLR); full input rate / half rate.
High-Pass: 3dB Frequencies 3Hz [DC block], 20Hz, 30Hz, 45Hz, 75Hz, 90Hz, 135Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz.
Phase Rotator: Cancels asymmetry in certain programme material
Gated AGC: Capture range 40dB (+/-20dB); maximum positive gain can be set.
Advanced AGC enables faster, programme-dependent operation.
Compressor: Nominal 2:1 slope
Presence Enhancer: Boosts selected frequencies for intelligibility and / or brightness.
Limiter: look-ahead limiters plus NCDCS anti-aliasing clipper.
Low-Pass Filter: Cut-off frequency 4.5kHz, 5kHz, 5.5kHz, 6kHz, 7.5kHz, or 10kHz NRSC compliant
HF Limiter: 50us or modified 75us (NRSC) emphasis curve
Setup is via PC GUI only. Select a factory preset, modify it, set levels etc, save to Flash memory.
USB on front panel, plus RS-232 on rear panel. ASCII Text based command format. Choice of ‘Easy’
mode (simplified, with Wizard), or Expert mode for GUI control.
100 – 240V AC Nominal (acceptable range 88V to 264V AC) / 6 Watts.
Dimensions & weight:
1-RU: 44 x 482 x 290mm deep / 1.75” x 19” x 11.25” deep.
Weight: 1.8kg / 4lbs
Every processing parameter, including all thresholds and time constants, can be accessed and modified under PC control (GUI included).
Three Year return-to-base warranty
CE (EMC & LVD), RoHS
[Issue 1.0 PRODUCT INFORMATION – E&OE – SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.]